Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The ignition is not turning at all. I can turn the steering…

Customer Question
The ignition is not...

The ignition is not turning at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes i can turn the steering wheel, and yes the key is worn

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2002 town and country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im going to try and fix it i havent done anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i dont think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/23/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

If the steering is not locked but the key will not turn. This means new keys need to be made to address the worn condition. If it still will not turn then a new ignition cylinder is needed the tumblers installed to match your key code.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris