Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a PT Cruiser...the knobs on the heater were not

Customer Question
working, so I bought a...
I have a PT Cruiser...the knobs on the heater were not working, so I bought a part number P55111844AJ. The control for where the air is going blow on the left, had a bent cable, so allow us to turn the knob
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: The problem isn't that its not blowing heat. The problem is the cable to the switch that control where the air blows is bent.
JA: What year is your PT Cruiser?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I think that the problem is the cable is bent. We bought the unit thinking that was the problem, but it still won't turn
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/21/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It looks like the problem you're trying to diagnose is the temperature knob not turning. The knob not turning could be an issue in the control head itself, the cable, or the blend door in the heater box may be stuck.

Are you able to turn the knob with the cable removed from the control head?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician