Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My girlfriend didnt put the ratiator cap on right drove

Customer Question
My girlfriend didnt put...

My girlfriend didnt put the ratiator cap on right drove about 20 miles and then it stopped and was smoking i changed the head gaskets put new oil and followed the book on the timing but when i try to crank it over it acts like the battery is dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

And i changed the head cause it was warped so i changed that to and yes i did its at 12.13 volts nd not on a 2001 pt cruzier

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2001 PT crusier, Chrysler

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive changed the wires,plugs,motor oil,(cause it smelt burnt)head gasket,head,battery,checked the starter its good and yes im doing it myself

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/20/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 8 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life. Give me a few minutes to review your case, thank you.

Chrysler Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 8 months ago

did it make any start attempt in the beginning? or it never cranked and just clicked?

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics