Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have a Town & Country bought last year. Uconnect has

Customer Question
We have a Town...

We have a Town & Country bought last year. Uconnect has stopped working. No VR, no bluetooth.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Country?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything. Looking on the uconnect site for info, said to input vin, got an error message

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

10,000+

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's it. I sort of figured maybe I had to pay after the first year.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/20/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

We have seen issues with the Bluetooth Module electrically locking up. Since your vehicle is only a year old and has less than 36000 miles on it, the repair should be covered under warranty. The only thing that requires a subscription is for Satellite Radio and Uconnect Apps. Hands free and Voice Recognition does NOT require payment after the first year...

My recommendation at this time is to visit the dealer for this concern...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. We have seen issues with the Bluetooth Module electrically locking up. Since your vehicle is only a year old and has less than 36000 miles on it, the repair should be covered under warranty. The only thing that requires a subscription is for Satellite Radio and Uconnect Apps. Hands free and Voice Recognition does NOT require payment after the first year...My recommendation at this time is to visit the dealer for this concern... Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.