Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 chrysler Sebring 2.4L charging problems and engine

Customer Question
stalls. I have code p0622...
2010 chrysler Sebring 2.4L charging problems and engine stalls. I have code p0622 for now. Change battery and alternator but no luck. How can I check the pcm signal or other steps to check you have?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/19/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Chrysler Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Is the lightening bolt light on the dash too?

I don't see it, just the battery and check engine light
Chrysler Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Make sure that the fuse #33 is not blowin at the fuse box.

Verify there is battery voltage at the Red/Grey output wire, this is the heavy wire at the alternator. Then check the alternator case for a good ground.

On the Brown/Grey wire, backprobe and supply power to this circuit and see if it starts charging. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) will normally duty-cycle power to this circuit to make it charge.

Check the voltage at the PCM at Pin 53 of the C1 Connector on the Red/Grey wire for voltage as compared to Battery Positive Post and PCM Battery voltage data readings.

I backprobe the brown grey wire and it started charging.
P0562, p0563, p0622, p0626 are active
Chrysler Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

I will not be online till later this evening. I will opt out and let another expert assist you.

Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it isn't charging then the problem is either with the PCM (unlikely), wiring, or the alternator itself. If sounds like you may have confirmed there is a wiring issue.

Can you explain exactly what you did with the brown/gray wire when it started charging?

I add power to that wire and it start working or charging but, it was charging too much about 16.00 volts. Because p0626 was still appearing on my scanner, I decided to disconnect the alternator two wire plug and computer as well. I start checking for short to power and ground but, all look ok from wire 51 on computer and the brown grey wire plus checked for good resistance and I saw .03 or something like the. Here comes the strange part, after connecting all back together all was back to normal. I believe the pcm reset or the connectors where not all the way in. What you think happen?

It's very possible that there was a connection issue that was remedied when the connectors were reinstalled, or you may have disturbed a break in the wiring and the problem isn't present now.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician