Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Just installed new hemi engine in2006 Chrysler 300 engine…

Customer Question
Just installed new hemi...

Just installed new hemi engine in2006 Chrysler 300 engine starts but will not take throttle plus no brakes how do reset computer

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Everything is new

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 300?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled fuses 11 14 17

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/19/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have quite a few things going on depending on what you're actually experiencing. You may be feeling a lowered rev limiter, electronic throttle control limp in, or it could be a lack of power due to something like and exhaust restriction or low fuel pressure. It sounds as if you could have a large vacuum leak.

Can you explain exactly what you're feeling with the brakes?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician