Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just replaced the radiator, fan, and fuel line tube. Now the…

Just replaced the radiator...

Just replaced the radiator, fan, and fuel line tube. Now the brakes are hard and I have coolant leaking on passenger side.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?

Hoses have been replaced and the coolant was pre-mixed 50/50.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '50 Chrysler?

2001 pt cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I've replaced radiator, fan, fan relays (high and low speed), coolant sensor, thermostat, fuel tube line (due to fuel leak), and oil sending sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

With the hard brakes, the engine is surging.

9/19/2017
Chris
Chris, Technician
Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Sounds like the vacuum line to the brake booster became disconnected which will cause a hard brake pedal and engine surging. Check the vacuum hose and ant other vacuum hoses or lines. I am pretty sure that this is the problem.Let me know what you find.
Chris
Hello, just checking back to see if you found that vacuum hose to the brake booster and if so was it disconnected?
Chris
reconnected vacuum hose and hard brakes and surging engine has stopped. Im still trying to find out why I am leaking radiator fluid from the passenger side. I have driven it this afternoon for quite some time and although there is a leak the vehicle is not overheating and the reservoir maintains the same coolant level.
Could be condensation from the AC. If it is clear, then that is whst it is. Otherwise have a shop perform a cooling system pressure test to see where it is leaking.
Chris
Glad I was able to help you out with the brake issue. I hope that this information was helpful, and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Thank you!Chris
Chris
Chris, Technician
Thank you!Chris