Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Chrysler Crossfire ESP had engaged rear wheel brakes and

Customer Question

Chrysler Crossfire ESP had engaged rear wheel brakes and won't disengage locked rear wheels
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Raised car to install new wheels and tires
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hello

I'd suggest to 1st pull the ESP fuses ( 17 & 18) to see if the ESP / ABS module will then release its grip

for it to stick on like this either there's a mechanical fault with the unit (and you may have to open the bleed nipples on the rear to get the car to move) or and electrical issue thats forcing the unit into a full rear lockup

is it possible that the rear wheel speed sensors have been damaged in some way ?

also are the new rear wheels larger than the front? as this will produce this fault

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried 17 and 18 didn't work and where are the bleed nipples located
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

hello

there will be a nipple on each of the rear brake calipers , just quickly open and close each one to relieve the pressure so you can at least move the car

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have you ever heard of this happening saw the lights flash and found out it was the Tow way alarm. And steering is off center also
Expert:  Matt replied 30 days ago.

I have to say this is a bit of a new one

but as these cars get older then the more unusual stuff will surface I suppose

once thing I should have mentioned is that after an ESP fault you have to reset the steering by moving it from lock to lock a few times with the engine running