Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Ok. How do you remove the linkage cable bracket from the top

Ok. How do you remove the linkage cable bracket from the top of the manual shaft on top of tranny?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2006 PT Cruiser automatic transmission. Sticky shift. Shift cable OK. Manual shaft up through transmission probably junked and needs cleaned up to free up motion. Probably have to drop Valve Body to access manual shaft at top of Rooster comb.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Loosen up and remove the bolt on the lever then pull the lever straight up and off of the shaft.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That would be the bolt that goes sideways through the bracket?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can I leave shifter cable attached to linkage bracket? If not, how does it disconnect?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it just a pressure fitting?
you can leave the cable on the bracket. That is fine.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Bracket is seized on there good. Been spraying it with Blaster and tapping with screw driver and hammer to rock it but no budge.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hope I ain't keeping you from a game or a race.
No. Actually my wife and I just boarded a cruise ship, but still have cell service.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nice. Sorry to interrupt. Hopefully the drinks are free :) Have a nice time. I just don't want to break shit prying things apart.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm from Pgh. Watching Steelers/Vikings in my garage and working on wife's PT.
Thanks! Take your time. It will come off.
I hope that my information was helpful, and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service or accept my answer? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Thank you!
Chris
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No problem Chris and no worries. 5 stars from me. I appreciate your help. Been doing my own mechanic work since holding trouble light for my dad back in the 60s and rebuilding 440 Roadrunners and such with older neighborhood guys as a teenager. Hate front wheel drives, just a general PITA. I miss being able to swap out a 350 in my '72 Chevy in 1/2 hr. Thx again. Enjoy the vacation with the wife.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Chris, all good. Took ply bar under linkage on trans and pulled up and up and up. Finally came off. Cleaned everything up, the lithium on cable was shot and cable was rusted. Replaced with new cable and putting humpty-dumpy together. All is good. Thx a heap. Hope vacation with wife was good. Rated max and gave extra $20 tip. Appreciate your help. Be cool. Later, Scott.
Very good news Scott! Glad she is fixed and thank you for the positive rating and bonus!
Chris