Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 limited convertible and the

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 limited convertible and the electric throttle control lighting bolt light came on and the car just cranked over and would not start. The key stayed stuck in the start position and the car keep cranking until I pulled the key out. Now I noticed the security light is flashing when the car is running. Any thoughts

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

2011 Chrysler 200 limited convertible. 3.6 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A couple of weeks. I replaced the electronic throttle body last week

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/17/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no start condition and it will require some testing to determine what is going on. It sounds as if you've been able to start it now and the problem is intermittent which may make it harder to diagnose.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes have set. Have you checked for codes?

I have. No codes

Has any other testing been done?

Not yet. What do you recommend

Is it running correctly now?

Starts and runs fine now.

You can try removing the rear seat and fuel pump access panel and check the fuel pump connector for heat damage, but other than that it's going to require some testing while the problem is happening. Fuel pressure can be checked or at least see if the pump is running, if fuel pressure is present then monitoring engine data on a scan tool will be required.

Ok thanks. The lighting bolt like comes on when the car does not start. The one in the dash

The only time you'd need to worry about the electronic throttle control light is if it stayed on or flashed while the engine is running, in which case fault codes would be set.

It did. Twice. I changed the throttle body last week. Last night when I came out from the store the car wouldn't start and the electronic throttle control light came on. There also was red light came on. Look like a red dot. If I was driving it after living the store I'm sure it would have done the same thing it did twice already

If the ETC light comes on while the engine running it's because fault codes have set.

What codes. I didn't see anything on my scanner when I read it. No codes. What do you suggest I do?

If the ETC light came on with the engine running it was because fault codes were set. If you're using a generic OBDII code reader you may not find them.

If you're unable to do the required testing yourself then you'll want to see a shop or dealer. Otherwise you can continue with what I've already outlined.

Ok. But when I turned the key to run it sounded like the fuel pump was coming on. But I will check the wiring

Ok.