Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

On the right cylinder bank the valves are not moving on 5…

Customer Question
On the right cylinder...

On the right cylinder bank the valves are not moving on 5 and 6 cylinder had it running with valve cover off and no movement its a 07 300c 5.7

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

107,000 no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just started to run bad and that whats I found

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/16/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, if the valves are not moving and the followers are attached then the camshaft is no good and has to be replaced.

Roy

Thanks was not sure if the cylinder shut down system had anything to do with it

nope, it wont do that at idle.

your welcome

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts. We only get paid when you accept our answers

Roy

Morning Roy well your wrong ....nothing wrong with the lifters or cam the cylinders effected are the filters with the bleed holes as I said earlier there is something wrong with the cylinder deactivation system 0 stars for you

based on your info and the fact I am not there, I make my suggestions based on your input

roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician