Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No charging, new alt,battery ecu. Is new, Pacifica 2004 3.5…

Customer Question
No charging, new alt,battery...

No charging, new alt,battery ecu.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Is new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Pacifica 2004 3.5 2wd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

New alt, also remanufactured ecu.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Harness continuity to the alternator check ok

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/17/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few possible causes for lack of charging and it will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on. If the components that were replaced can truly be ruled out then I would suspect an issue with the positive cable, but it's very possible that you have a bad replacement part.

How are you determining that it isn't charging?

With engine running, alternator positive output cable has 12, 11.70 volts.

What fault codes are setting?

Check engine light on, is related to evap system purge control valve,

Please read the codes to see what is currently set and list all P codes here.