Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Want to program a fob for 2010 Town and Country, I have

Customer Question
Want to program a...

Want to program a fob for 2010 Town and Country

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I have tried the solution that is on this web site and it do not work.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/15/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 11 months ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Do you have two working key fobs?

No, just 1.
On this web site I found a solution from 5 years ago but it did not work for me.

A customer can only program their own remote if they have two working remotes, since you don't you will need a scantool such as the Witech I have here at the dealership to program your remote. We charge .5 labor which is around 55.00 to program keys/remotes..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

If I had 2 working fobs I would not be that concerned about programming another?

You can program up to 8 remotes/keys so some customers have more than two.

Glad I could help and I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I get credit for helping. You can still ask follow up questions after the rating..

I hope this helps you and in the future feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Have a great day,

Brad

Do you need more help?

I see that you have read my reply at 2:20PM but you have not responded if you need more help, nor have you left a positive rating so I can get credit for helping...

Standing by,

Brad

You did not help me.
I'm sorry but you stated you wanted to program your key did you not? And I told you how to program your key, but I think your upset you can't program it yourself.I'm sorry you don't have the ability to program it yourself, if you had a WiTech I could walk you thru it but since you don't have the tools needed to repair your vehicle you shouldn't take that out in me my not giving me a positive rating.
Brad
In my opinion you did not answer my question, so if you force me to rate you I will be forced to give you a bad rating. If you cannot do it I would rather not give you a bad rating but just no rating because you cannot answer my question.

What else can I answer for you? You asked how to program your remote and I told you exactly how to program it.. I'm not sure what else you need...