Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2004 sebring...how do you disable power roof mech to easily

Customer Question
Hello.. 2004 sebring...how do you...
Hello.. 2004 sebring...how do you disable power roof mech to easily raise top manually>??
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Chrysler Sebring. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/16/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Nothing has to be done to disable anything if you want to close the top by hand. There isn't a pressure release on the pump like some vehicles have, but the top can be moved slowly by hand until it's closed. You'll be working against the pump to a degree so it will be hard to move. Worst case scenario you can loosen the hydraulic fittings at the pump and then it will move much more easily, you'll want a drain pan under the pump to catch the fluid that is lost.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician