Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2006 pt cruiser brake lights are not coming on not even…

Customer Question
My 2006 pt cruiser...

My 2006 pt cruiser brake lights are not coming on not even the 3rd light what could be my issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Yes the fluid and levels are good got serviced 2 weeks ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

No but I want to know what I could possibly be looking at to spend to get it fixed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/15/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue that you are having is likely going to be due to a faulty brake light switch. This switch is responsible for the brake light control. Here, I am attaching information on the operation on the switch, the electrical circuits diagrams to give you a better understanding, and the part and labor pricing information. The labor pricing is listed in hours and depends on the hourly rate of the shop that you go to.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.