Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

I just bought my daughter a 2008 Chrysler Sebring

Customer Question

I just bought my daughter a 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible about an hour ago we got it home and unknowingly tried to put the top down not realizing the trunk was unlatched now everything is messed up and we can't get the trunk to close or the top to go down
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: All the hinges are up on it and it is raised the trunk is open plus it's open in the front where the convertible top goes down so the truck is just sitting up above the car both front and back of the trunk are opened at the same time
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I messed up and I'm trying to fix it myself before my daughter finds out I broke her new car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really I'm just not sure what to do to get the trunk back down where it belongs both front and back and have the top go down we not had the top down since we bought it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need the last 8 of the vin number to check the schematics and check for a manual procedure to close the convertible and the trunk

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
8n608890
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I will have to opt out as I am not seeing the cause and nothing on correcting this specific problem. If another expert can help, they will post here