Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience all makes and models, Subaru and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

My Chrysler 300 is throwing a p0303 code misfire in

Customer Question

My Chrysler 300 is throwing a p0303 code misfire in cylinder3. Would this cause a ticking at idle and a small knock when given gas.
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: It stalled once
JA: What year is your 300?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. I put some Lucas oil treatment in it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are no metal shavings in my oil or oil pan.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike V.v replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V.v replied 1 month ago.

Sometimes a bad ignition coil can cause a tapping or snapping type of noise. If the spark is arcing from the coil to the engine it will make almost like a tapping sound.

As for a knocking, not usually, however, if it's misfiring that means the fuel isn't burning, so it might make some odd noises. I would do a compression check on cylinder 3 if swapping the coil with one of the others does not change the location of the misfire.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!