Chrysler

Connect one-on-one with a verified chrysler mechanic who will answer your question

Pete, Technician

More related answers
All chrysler mechanics are VERIFIED
It doesn't seem to want to shift, and the RPM's go really
Mrchippeway
Mrchippeway, chrysler mechanic
It doesn't seem to want to shift, and the RPM's go really high even trying to get to just 30 mph the RPM's will go up to 3and a half. Some days it works okay for about a mile or two then it just doesn… read more
Son's car. 2010 T&C with 105K miles. Car runs good up to 30
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Son's car. 2010 T&C with 105K miles. Car runs good up to 30 MPH. When going faster, it sounds like transmission is stuck and not upshifting. RPMs will remain constant at about 1500, though going 50 - … read more
I have a 1998 town and country van. Code po1698 the gear
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Sr. Technician
I have a 1998 town and country van. Code po1698 the gear selector is not lite up,mph gauge doesnt work and the tranny will not shift into high gear. Can you help me out with this issue? … read more
Chrysler Town and Country: I have a 96 Town and Country. For
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Retired-Disabled
I have a 96 Town and Country. For several months I've been having this problem. When I get to around 40-45 mph the transmission doesn't want to shift out. I can put it into neutral, turn the car off a… read more
Chrysler Cirrus LXi: I have a 1995 Chrysler Cirrus. Unfortunately
jeepmopar76
jeepmopar76, Master tech
I have a 1995 Chrysler Cirrus. Unfortunately that car has been nothing but problems. The question is. The car starts fine and it starts driving fine, very smooth, but after 10+/- minutes (once it warm… read more
Chrysler PT Cruiser: Car felt like it jumped into another gear
Chris
Chris, chrysler mechanic
Car felt like it jumped into another gear and reved up to around 4000 RPM and does not go down.… read more
Chrysler T&C: 2005 Chrysler Town & Country. Drove it to
Shawn
Shawn, Auto Technician
2005 Chrysler Town & Country. Drove it to a destination 10 miles from work at lunch. Stopped to get lunch. Driving back to work, I first notice the check engine light is on. Then my eyes catch the tac… read more
chrysler: it wont shift..around 40 mph..faster..three trouble codes
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
i have a chrysler town country 98. It won't shift into 3rd or fourth gear. in shifts fine but when i get up around 40 mph the rpm goes up and it won't go any faster. three trouble codes appear. po733 … read more
CHRYSLER: 45 MILES..I WENT TO ACCELERATE THE RPMS WENT UP..MPH.
garrtim
garrtim, SERVICE MANAGER
I HAVE A CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY 99. IT WAS DRIVING GREAT FOR 45 MILES AND SUDDENLY WHEN I WENT TO ACCELERATE THE RPM'S WENT UP AND IT WOULDN'T GO OVER 40 MPH. AND IT STILL WILL DRIVE FINE AND SHIFT… read more
2001 Town & Country LXi: reverse..5 mph at 3000 rpm..pan..solenoid
garrtim
garrtim, SERVICE MANAGER
What to fix first, if at all? 2001 Town & Country LXi 3.8L with about 145,000 miles. The (second) transmission is likely completely shot - over a few weeks it first slowly lost reverse then seemed OK … read more
1998 Dodge Neon: LX..2.0 liter engine..auto trans..3rd gear..reverse
Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE MASTER TECH, REPAIR FACILITY OWNER
I have a 1998 Dodge Neon LX, 2.0 liter engine, 3 spd auto trans. I am having problems with the trans shifting into 3rd gear and it also shifts hard into reverse when cold. When at operating temp it go… read more
chrysler: pulling..warning..tranmission control by electronic module
brownjeff
brownjeff, Associate Degree
2000 town and country chrysler stop pulling with no warning is the tranmission control by electronic module or could it be the tranmission.… read more
1993 Chrysler Town & Country: 000 miles..warning..Acceleration..rpm
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Auto Motive Instructor
I own a 1993 Chrysler Town & Country minivan with 133,000 miles. A couple of weeks ago while driving at about 65 miles per hour, the engine seemed to shift into a lower gear without warning. Accelerat… read more
1998 Grand Voyager SE: service engine soon..few miles..lit..overdrive
Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
1998 Grand Voyager SE, service engine soon light came on while in town. We live a few miles from town, thought nothing of it. On the way home all my gear indicator lights were lit like it was in all t… read more
Smooth..the trans flushed, still down-shifts hard at 28-29 mph
brownjeff
brownjeff, Associate Degree
2002 town and country shifts very smooth normally and never slips but when slowing down it down shifts hard with a''thud'' at about 28-29 mph. Does fine the rest of the time including when shifting up… read more
My 2006 Town and Country (automatic transmission, 46,000 miles..50 mph
brownjeff
brownjeff, Associate Degree
My 2006 Town and Country (automatic transmission, 46,000 miles) stutters (rapid jerking) during acceleration from about 40-50 mph. About 6 months before this, it also started shifting at a higher RPM … read more
rpms..shift gears and spedometer will jump from 0 to 45 or 50 mph
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
spedometer does not move when the van starts moving. when rpms get between 4000 to 5000 it will shift gears and spedometer will jump from 0 to 45 or 50 mph… read more
95 dodge intrepid: highway..cranking..60 mph..2000 rpm
Richard, Shop foreman/Lead technician
95 dodge intrepid with 3.5L , with auto tran. recently Transmission shifts roughly as if it skips one gear , lower speed and high speed is ok but at mid speed it shifts up and down, and now in highway… read more