Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Top will not go up or, Top will not go down statement in

Customer Question
top will not go up...
top will not go up or
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Top will not go down statement in dash states that malfunction Top does not seem secured in the front
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just stared
JA: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried to unsecured the top from the front
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: You can hear motor trying lift top but just comes to a stop you can't open trunk with inside release or with key fob and cant secure front latches after we pushed up on front of roof
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/14/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're seeing a top malfunction message it is because the power top control module is seeing a component in an incorrect state or is seeing a failure and is setting fault codes. The problem may be a mechanical failure or damage to a component or it could be an electrical issue such as a bad microswitch or wiring issue.

If you don't see any physical damage to components then a scan tool will need to be used to see what fault codes have set in the PTCM and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician