Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

1996 sebring fuel and temp gages inaccurate. Runs great and

Customer Question

1996 sebring fuel and temp gages inaccurate
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: runs great and mileage is good starts right up
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes changed pcm and instrument cluster had no effect on problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: fuses and relays all check out ok also changed fuel pump assembly same results
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 month ago.

Hi welcome to just answers my name is ***** ***** you perform a self test and calibration on the instrument panel?

Perform a self-test on the instrument cluster. To do this, hold the trip and the trip reset button down, then turn the key to the "on" position. Continue holding until the word "CHEC" appears in the odometer display, then release the buttons. Press the US/Metric button once and release, and check to see if all the display segments light up. If they do not.