Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It's stuck in park, No trouble codes yes all lights work, Im…

Customer Question
It's stuck in park ...

It's stuck in park

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

No trouble codes yes all lights work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Im tryinf to figure out how much it will cost to fix this before I have the car towed to the mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Chrysler Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Im ok paying a couple of hundred dollars but not much more the car is old

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chrysler?

2008 pacifica

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

And the you tube fix doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/12/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that could be preventing the shifter from moving from park including the brake switch, shift cable or an issue in the trans, but the problem is most likely a failure of the shifter itself.

Were there any problems with shifting leading up to this?

Do the brake lamps work?