Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

We drove for 4 hours and parked overnight. The next day we

Customer Question

We drove for 4 hours and parked overnight. The next day we took a short drive around and car felt a little "out of gear - ratio" not bad, but enough to go home and park again. Today when we went out it was leaking... about 1 cup full on the cement. It appears to be from below the overflow tank but there is water over the engine, wheel struts etc... whats the most likely problem.
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: Chrysler 2007 Pacifica 4.0...
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not planning on it, we are on vacation... no tools. Only problem is it has come up as "service vehicle", the code reader doesn't show a problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Most likely a hose or radiator leak. Are you able to get the vehicle to a shop soon? If so, ask them to perform a cooling system pressure test. That would reveal the source of the leak.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We went over today, but they didn't have time to look at it. Want us back tomorrow morning. The temp is staying under 1/2 and we've stopped and drove today without a leak. Could it only leak when not under pressure?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't talk on the phone. Nor pay $26 more.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Chris, are you there? I really do not want to talk on the phone. This is turning into a waste of money. Please answer.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.
I am here
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.
get the cooling system pressure tested. That will tell tye technician where the leak is. Then you can have the proper repair performed. Just keep the coolant level above the minimum mark in the recovery bottle for now. If the temperature is not going over the half point then you are not doing any damage.Chris
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. Bye
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.
You are very welcome! I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!Chris