sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Tried to open convertible top it opened half way now won't

Customer Question

Tried to open convertible top it opened half way now won't go down. Press the switch in the car sounds like it wants to work but don't
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not much just looked around in trunk to see that anything isn't in the way
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: The trunk is open I found a pull to open the trunk all the way didn't do anything so I closed it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Utube has something about oil in a motor don't know where to locate it or check it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can prevent the top from working. The problem may be mechanical damage, it could be electrical such as a bad microswitch, it may be a hydraulic issue such as a failed pump or a leak.

When pressing the top button does the instrument cluster say top in operation or does it say top malfunction?