Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Rear dvd screen black. Need to remove housing to get to

Customer Question
Rear dvd screen black...

Rear dvd screen black. Need to remove housing to get to connectors

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2014 Town and Country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Tried to remove screws which does losen the housing but it is still stuck in the frame. Also tried to gently pry edges to get loose

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What do you need to know?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/10/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The overhead console assembly is removed to remove one of the DVD screens or access the wiring.

Using a trim stick, the trim bezel at each end of the console is removed. The wiring can be unplugged, and removing the bezel will expose the four 10mm bolts that hold the assembly to the roof. With a helper supporting the console remove these bolts and then it can be lowered from the roof.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!