Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Have a 2008 Chrysler Sebring 2 door convertible that is

Customer Question
totaly out of sync We started...
Have a 2008 Chrysler Sebring 2 door convertible that is totaly out of sync
We started the lower the roof and the Torneau mechanics started as expected but once the Top Cover latches released everything stalled and the TOP indicator came on.
We cannot Latch the Top and return the Torneau to its start position.The dealership was not helpful, and as an Electronic /Hardware engineer I am keen to solve the puzzle.Can you provide me support docs etc to work on this?
The dealer claimed the PTCM is "fried", the Pump Moter is fried and.....If I had the circuit schema to/from the PTCM, I should be able make discrete testing of the Micro Switches and Pump etc.Looking forward to a prompt response
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/10/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are may possible causes for the top not working and it will require some testing to determine what is wrong. IF it stopped abruptly it is because the PTCM has failed or it has seen a component in an incorrect state and is purposely preventing operation. A full capability scan tool will be necessary to begin diagnosis.

Does the PTCM communicate?

If so, what fault codes are set?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician