Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

The drum will not fit over new brake shoes, 2008 Chrysler

Customer Question

The drum will not fit over new brake shoes
JA: What year is your Fit?
Customer: 2008 Chrysler sebring
JA: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My husband is. New shoes and new wheel cylinder
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: Great condition
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma'am
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok

Have you compared the old drum with new to make sure its the same specifications ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a flat surface on one of the drums
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does the drum need to be turned?

if your having warpage in the brake system they do, so something is off with the pads or needs to be adjusted in more, if you take a pic and send it of the drum I might be able to see whats going on

Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 26 days ago.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.