Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I work at a bodyshop in iowa and my aunt got into an

Hi Brad. I work...

Hi Brad. I work at a bodyshop in iowa and my aunt got into an accident with her 2013 300. Front end hit the back of a truck. I put new bumper on, new wire loom for sensors, and three out of six sensors were replaced. Nav module needs replaced also. The front sensors dont work. Does the nav module need replaced in order for the sensors to work

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

I beleive the sensors are parking sensors. there are 6 total that are in the front bumper. Put snap on scanner on the car... no codes about sensor just a code for nav sensor that is also behind front bumper

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I just replaced the sensor wire loom and put three new sensors in that were broke and put it back together

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just want to know if by not replacing the nav sensor would that keep other sensors from working properly even those the are on a seperat loom

9/9/2017
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What is the actual code that is coming up?? I may be able to help but I need the code to be able to give you any ideas....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

let me see if I can get the code. It is saying that the navigation sensor is faulty i know that much. I might have to wait for the mechanic to come in cause im the body man
ok got it.... Scanner Parktronics code scan results... B1291-05 , B128E-12, B1293-12,
1,6, and 4 PTS sensors

Ok let me research these codes and I'll be back asap.

also let me know if the navigation sesor and those parking sensors have to all be fuctioning in order for the sensors to work. so do they all run together

Can you double check the B1291-05 code? This one is not showing up in my code list... --->> Click Here to view <<---

I have some info on the others, I'll post in a bit...

Also, I need info on what you are calling the "navigation sensor". Where is it's exact location and what is wrong with it? Damaged??

Thank you,

Robert

B 1291-05...Parktronics (PTS) Sensor 4- signal shape/Waveform failure
Im sorry Brad, its the adaptive cruise control module located right bottom behind front bumper. The navigation was another problem but fixed it already. sorry for the bad info
My snap on scanner is bringing that code up as B1291-05....same thing as your code B 1291-25
the adaptive cruise control is saying on the dash that the lense is scratched and wont operate.... from the accident, ordered a new one just hasnt got here yet... do the sensors and the cruise control all have to work together sinse they are all on front bumper? different wire looms though

Ok, to answer your question, NO, the Adaptive Cruise Control and the Park Assist do NOT work together. The problems with the ACC and Park Assist are NOT related.

To figure out the park assist issue you will need to run the diagnostics. I know you stated that the wiring was replaced along with the sensors, so if you are certain that the wiring is ok then you likely need to replace the Park Assist Module...

Here is the diagnostic procedures for the codes you posted:

--->> Click Here to view <<--- document 1

--->> Click Here to view <<--- document 2

--->> Click Here to view <<--- document 3

let me know if you need additional info such as pin charts or wiring diagrams, etc....

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician