Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Key fob doesn't work replaced battery on both didn't work

Customer Question

key fob doesn't work replaced battery on both didn't work unable to open lock doors on panic when pushing buttons
JA: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2014 ram van
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed batterys chect leads for corrosion on both dongles no effect
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

So you want to make sure the fobs are transmitting a signal and you can do that at any auto parts store for free