Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Cold air all the time. All is full and fresh. 2001 T/C.

Customer Question

cold air all the time
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: yes, all is full and fresh
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2001 T/C
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes . thermostat, and cabin filter check
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: both heater core hoses are hot , and the engine does not overheat
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

is that a manual control board or automatic on the HVAC controls

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
manual
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

so more than likely you have a blend door actuator issue, you can check this with a scanner and if you dont have one of those you can check voltages with a volt meter at the actuator itself

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

it will be the lower actuator on the HVAC box you can access it though the drivers side

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

there is also a self diagnostic program in that vehicle, some have them some dont, you can try this as well

With the ignition switch in the OFF position, depress the TRIP and RESET buttons.
While holding the TRIP and RESET button turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
Continue to hold the TRIP and RESET buttons until the word CODE appears in the odometer windows (about five seconds ) then release the buttons. If a problem exists, the system will display Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's). If no problem exists, the code 999 (End Test) will momentarily appear.
Or recalibrate the a/c system, this is how:PROGRAMMING HEATER-A/C CONTROL CALIBRATION The heater-A/C control module must be recalibrated each time an actuator motor or the control module is replaced. If the vehicle is so equipped, the calibration procedure also includes rear HVAC positions for each actuator motor. 1. Turn the ignition switch to the On position. Simultaneously depress and hold the Power and Recirculation buttons on the heater-A/C control for at least five seconds. 2. The manual heater-A/C control power Light Emitting Diode (LED) and Recirculation LED, or the Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) heater-A/C control Delay and Recirculation graphics will begin to flash when the calibration procedure has begun. 3. The calibration procedure should take less than two minutes to complete for the manual heater- A/C control, and less than twenty seconds for the ATC heater-A/C control. When the LEDs or graphics stop flashing, the calibration procedure is complete. 4. If the LEDs or graphics continue to flash beyond the normal three minute (manual) or twenty second (ATC) calibration time, it indicates that the heater-A/C control has detected a failure and a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) has been set.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
recirc light keeps flashing
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

is this before or after the trying to check or re calibrate the system?