Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 06 PT Cruiser the wont start te lady said it shut…

Customer Question
I have an 06 PT...
I have an 06 PT Cruiser the wont start te lady said it shut off while she was driving and it turns over but seems very sluggish as it does. the timeing belt was changed a year ago. I pulled the codes and this is what I got P0116, P0068,P0016, P2074, P0344, P0340 and P0123
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/8/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

thank you

Troy, the codes that can keep it from starting are the P0340, P0344 and the P0016 which set in most cases due to a failing Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor providing you are sure the timing belt is properly aligned. I would start with scoping the camshaft Position sensor and Crankshaft Position sensor signals to see if they look normal while cranking the engine over. If the look okay then I would check the timing belt alignment..

thank you I will ge back to you after I scope these

You may also want to run a compression test, that will tell you if the cam timing has jumped. Let me know, Im here all day if needed.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be.

hi Ron sorry for the delay getting back on this new cam sensor new crank sensor and new coil but no spark i checked all fuses and I have power to center wire going to the coil

Have you verified the timing belt is turning?

the timing is good

So what are the fault codes your setting since replacing all of these parts?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician