Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My parents have an 03 PT, 2.4L non turbo. It has been

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, My parents...

Hi Pearl, My parents have an 03 PT, 2.4L non turbo. It has been missing, shutting off and driving us crazy for about a month now. We have replaced the PCM (carcomputerexchange.com), replaced Crank and cam sensors, plugs and wires, had coils tested and are still having the same problem. Please help!

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

When it is cold it shuts down at low speeds and when it begins to misfire there is no smell of raw fuel.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

It is non turbo.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I does not have a turbo.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We have been to two different dealerships and neither one had any idea what was going on. When it shuts down, it really jerks the whole car like a rag doll.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/8/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

does it have a spark on all 4 plug wires?

sir. It has given the code for misfire on different cylinders.

ok

so you only get a 300 code?

give me all the codes you are getting