Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Chrysler 300c 2006 radio screen is black, on/off work and…

Customer Question
My Chrysler 300c 2006...

My Chrysler 300c 2006 radio screen is black, on/off work and number 1-6 and nothing else

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Original

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked all connection

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Morning was ok and when I come back from work I have just sound and channels

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/8/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. This sounds like the display board in the radio has failed. But try rebooting the radio first by disconnecting the negative battery cable (in the trunk) for about 2 minutes and then reconnect it. If the display comes back on, then you should be good to go. If not, then the radio will need to be replaced.

You can usually find another factory radio on Ebay, or have the factory radio replaced with an aftermarket one like a Pioneer, Sony, etc.

Chris

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

I'm not satisfied because replace radio cost me over 250

Well I am being honest with you. If you have sound, then the radio is getting power and ground, so it has to be an internal failure of the radio. Where are you seeing this $250.00 price?

Chris

Which radio do you have? Does it have the big color screen or the smaller one with a simple display?

Chris

Send me the vehicle's VIN number and I will look up and see which radio your 300 came with.

Chris

Good morning! Thank you for sending the VIN number. I will look it up when I get downstairs and to my laptop. I will then get back to you asap.
Chris

Ok, that is an REJ radio. $250.00 is a good price for that radio. Your other option would be to send it out and have the display replaced. Sorry, but you have no other choice to replace it or install an aftermarket radio.

I hope this helps,

Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you still need further assistance. if so please let me know and I will continue to help you. if not, would you kindly take a minute to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I will not get any credit unless you do that.

Thank you!

Chris