Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

My Chrysler 300c 2006 radio screen is black, on/off work and

Customer Question

My Chrysler 300c 2006 radio screen is black, on/off work and number 1-6 and nothing else
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: Original
JA: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked all connection
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Morning was ok and when I come back from work I have just sound and channels
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. This sounds like the display board in the radio has failed. But try rebooting the radio first by disconnecting the negative battery cable (in the trunk) for about 2 minutes and then reconnect it. If the display comes back on, then you should be good to go. If not, then the radio will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

You can usually find another factory radio on Ebay, or have the factory radio replaced with an aftermarket one like a Pioneer, Sony, etc.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not satisfied because replace radio cost me over 250
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Well I am being honest with you. If you have sound, then the radio is getting power and ground, so it has to be an internal failure of the radio. Where are you seeing this $250.00 price?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Which radio do you have? Does it have the big color screen or the smaller one with a simple display?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Send me the vehicle's VIN number and I will look up and see which radio your 300 came with.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.
Good morning! Thank you for sending the VIN number. I will look it up when I get downstairs and to my laptop. I will then get back to you asap.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Ok, that is an REJ radio. $250.00 is a good price for that radio. Your other option would be to send it out and have the display replaced. Sorry, but you have no other choice to replace it or install an aftermarket radio.

I hope this helps,

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you still need further assistance. if so please let me know and I will continue to help you. if not, would you kindly take a minute to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I will not get any credit unless you do that.

Thank you!

Chris