Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

AC is only coming out of the bottom vents. not matter if i…

Customer Question
AC is only coming...

AC is only coming out of the bottom vents. not matter if i switch to front or top it only comes out through the bottom. doesnt switch to hot air only cold

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2015 300c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes my self. pretty much just disconnecting the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/7/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You could have a bad HVAC module or control head but I usually see a bad actuator cause issues such as this. One bad actuator can take down the common driver circuit and prevent other actuators from working.

Can you unplug the recirc actuator, disconnect the battery again, and see if mode and blend will then work?

Where is the recirc actuator at?

The recirc door is in the air inlet housing at the top right of the heater box, behind the glove box area.

do i need to remove the glove box? is there instructions somewhere on how to do this?

Push in on the tabs on the side of the glove box door to allow the door to drop down and remove it from the hinge at the bottom.

Pop the right instrument panel end cap off.

Remove the screws that hold the glove box surround to the dash.

Remove the closeout panel under the glove box/heater box area.

Remove the glove box surround enough to disconnect the connector for the glove box light switch, then remove the surround completely.

Recirc door was fully functional. turned out being the actuator on the driver side behind the uconnect system.

I'm glad you got it repaired.