Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It's stalling, Sometimes when I get to a traffic light it'll…

Customer Question
Good Morning, It's stalling ...

Good Morning, It's stalling

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Sometimes when I get to a traffic light it'll shut off no engine light is on. I just changed the fuel pump relay, yesterday.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2001 Pt Cruiser Limited Edition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I've only tried the relay so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
9/7/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 11 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Hey how are you
The CKP sensor is common on these to cut off while driving it will stop sending a signal to pcm that engine is in Time and will kill
It ,if we losing spark ,also in some cases on high mileage one the pcm is the issue or the ground to it
Lastly will be fuel pump pressure
The key is to know what are you losing when dying ,we need spark and fuel to stay running
We are missing one or both
What have you done so far ,which relay are you referring to you replace
Please let me know
Chad
The fuel pump relay in fuse box.

ok replaced with new one correct still same issue

ok unplug that pcm and check the pins for any burned ,broken or bend pins making intermittent or poor connection ,same thing on ckp

did you scan it with Chrysler scanner or your local parts store basic code reader ?

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat