Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 3.5. About 3 weeks ago i was

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 3.5. About 3 weeks ago i was driving about 15-20mph and my car died so i had a mechanic take a look at it and we found out that the timing belt broke. So i was wondering how likely is it that i bent a valve?
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: My car only has 56k miles like literally 56,000 and i bought it at 50k miles. But also before my timing belt broke my water pump had a semi bad leak
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Actually yes, but im a little nervous because i did the water pump by myself only because my mechanic took the front of the motor off for me and i got bored and watched some youtube and did the water pump but i think ill just have someone do it professionally.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats all i just want to know how likely it is that my valves are bent.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

The only way to know is to check compression and do a intake and exhaust valve leak test to see for sure before you tear it down,

another thing you need to know the cause of the belt breaking at 56k miles ,do you have other issue that caused it other then tesnionrs or betl, bearings, oil pressure etc.. before spending money on rebuild ,a used engine might be better option depending on existing damage

I would suggest a person experience person or at least don it before ,you tube is good:) ,but watch carefully all the steps on putting back together especially to make sure you are in time and check timing marks.

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat