Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Engine stalls out randomly then it's hard to re-start. I had

Engine stalls out randomly then...
Engine stalls out randomly then it's hard to re-start. I had the O2 sensor changed on bank 2 a while ago and this just started happening. It will turn but keeps cycling like it's gonna start then dies out again.
9/5/2017
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to die or be hard to start and it will most likely require some testing at the time the problem is happening to determine exactly what is wrong. It sounds as if you may be losing fuel pressure though.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see if any fault codes are setting in the powertrain control module. Have you checked for codes?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician