Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pt cruiser replaced low pressure switch and restarted engine…

Pt cruiser replaced low...

Pt cruiser replaced low pressure switch and restarted engine labored as if the clutch was engaged all the time, re place new switch with old and clutch remains engaged

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?

Air conditioner clutch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2001 pt cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked Freon [pressure and changed switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine will hardly run has a lot of drag the brake boost is inop

9/3/2017
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Good morning, I am sorry abou the long wait. I am available today to help if help is still needed.

Checked c134 pressure in limits
Replaced low pressure switch
With air on and off the engine bogged down and ran with short surges
Went back to original LPS and did not change the rough idle
Tried to go out to drive around circle had mechanical breaks had to kick out of gear to stop idle was fast and extremely rough
Gave up for the night
This morning after re install of new LPS and attach pressure gauge
Started and ran like normal until heated up about 45 sec. then back to rough idle checked pressure it was cycling between 0 and normal range

If you unplug the AC compressor so it will not work, do you still have idle and running issues?

could not find compressor plug I going to have to take to shop in morning

Remove fuse 11 under the hood, which will also disable the compressor for this test.

Chris (aka - Moose)
the only fuse 11 was in the car was labeled eng mod abs trac under the hood in the electrical box only one 10 amp fuse for ac removed no difference
Don't call me this afternoon I am leaving in a few minutes, bill me for what you have done Ill call you tomorrow?
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Phone call session started

Someone else tried to call, not myself

According to diagram 15amp fuse 11 is the AC relay fuse. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jiiy6b18tx6uzwy/fuse11.pdf?dl=0

cover of power distribution center shows only A/C 10A and 40A RAD FAN
in the owners manual the A/C fuse is 11 and shown as 10 amp I did pull this fuse yesterday and nothing changed.

When you pulled the fuse did the AC keep running or was it now off and the engine still ran poor?

found problem with engine light and running rough - vacuum line had come off - put clamp on line and secured engine smooth as silk also reset engine warning light - no light now. Tried different levels of filling under fill no engage, proper level for temp. clutch cycles from 10 psi to 45 psi in 10 sec. intervals - overpressure cycled from 20psi to 60psi lasted a little longer but as soon as it got to 60 off came the clutch and back to 20. when I bled the overpressure c134 with the used dispenser with no bottle the discharge was not cold no vapor appeared to be air as I bleb to past 40 psi the clutch stopped engaging and bled down to 15 psi no sign of c134 no white cloud no cold condensation. refilled same cycling

Glad you got it resolved.