Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My abs light and ESP light and traction control lights are…

My abs light and...

My abs light and ESP light and traction control lights are all on and seems like the transmission is slipping.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the light been on for some time?

Just came on around lunch today... I parked it for a while and when I got back in it was off and drop a bit and it is back on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would if I knew what was going on and where to look

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The slipping issue just started about an hour ago

8/24/2017
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. if you have an ABS,ESP, and Traction Control Light on is because you may have a speed sensor failure this may be the transmission output speed sensor, is the engine light on together with all this other lights?

No engine light has stayed off
also cruise control stopped working as well

can you tell me the model of your vehicle?

2006 Chrysler 300 touring

ok the problem is with one of the speed sensor you have one on each wheels and one of them has a failure this will affect the cruise control also because it can't set a speed without speed sensing it needs to know how fast the car is going to set the cruise control.

Expensive?

have a repair shop scan the antilock system and see what speed sensor is reporting a problem and replace it, that will fix all the problem lights you have on. The speed sensor should be less then 90$ and the labor is no more then an hour.

about 225$ all set and done.

Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech