Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1997 Chrysler sebring 2.5 no spark no 12v signal at

distributor replaced asd relay no...
1997 Chrysler sebring 2.5 no spark no 12v signal at distributor replaced asd relay no difference has fuel has 5v at tps and at dist injectors are firing ?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/23/2017
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The most common failure on a 2.5 Mitsubishi V6 when there is no spark is an internal failure of the distributor itself. At this time I would probably replace the distributor and hope for the best. I may be able to come up with a diagnostic procedure for the distributor if you need it...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
no 12 volt going to distributor how can it fire without voltage ?
Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Phone call session started

Give me a bit to get a wiring diagram for you...

I'll be back with you asap, thanks for your patience and understanding while I research this for you...

Thank you,

Robert

Ok, here is a wiring diagram. --->> Click Here to view <<---

The distributor receives power on the 2 way connector via the Dark Green/Orange wire. This wire does NOT receive power with the key on. It should receive power upon INITIAL turning on of the ignition switch for up to 3 seconds. It should also have power while cranking the engine and of course with engine running otherwise it should not have power.

To test this wire, you need a helper. The helper will turn on the key while you check for power. What you need to do is disconnect the distributor 2 way connector and use a test light to probe the DG/OR wire terminal. Have the helper turn on the key while you check for power at the connector. If it lights up for 2 to 3 seconds, this is a PASS. You can at that time have the helper CRANK the engine while you test for power. If you have power WHILE CRANKING this is a PASS..

Post back the results of these two tests and we can continue from there....

Thank you,

Robert

One more thing, Let me know if this two way connector has a second wire on the other cavity...

Thank you,

Robert