Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Driver's seat does not 'catch' all the time when going from…

Driver's seat does not...

Driver's seat does not 'catch' all the time when going from full forward to reclined back(convertible). Sounds like it's stripped, but usually catches eventually.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2004 Sebring LXI

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried but the 'boot' covers it, don't know how to get at the ratchets.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What's the fee?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Chrysler Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Ok, what might the rest be for a mechanic?

8/22/2017
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Is this a power or manual seat?

Chris

Hello? are you still here?

Chris

Sorry, we got dropped . 2004 conv with power seats
Bad time now, dinner. Was hoping to have the fix in text so I could do it tomorrow.

I can send you the repair procedure. You will have to replace the seat track assembly. There is really nothing servicable on those tracks. Would you like the procedure?

Chris

Is it fairly easy, like no specific tools or really involved?

No special tools required, but you will be removing the entire seat before replacing the assembly. It is about an hour and a half job.

Chris

I will get the procedure together and send it to you.

Chris

The seat is bolted to the floor. I can get that done, then follow your steps to separate back from bottom, right? Any idea how much the piece might cost?

Yes that is correct. Figure on around $300 for a new one, or $75.00 for a good used one from the salvage yard.

Click on the links below to see the procedure.

Chris

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Are you able to see the procedures I sent you?
but nothing about the reclining assy, right

The seat track assembly will have the reclining mechanism in it so when you replace that, you will be replacing the reclining mechanism at the same time.

Chris

that kinda looks like a big 'H' with stuff attached?

I suppose you could say that. It is a frame assembly with 3 motors that operate the the track up/down, fore/aft and recline. Purchase the track assembly beforehand. Then you will understand what you are replacing.

Chris

Last question, if doing the salvage route, does it have to be a 2004 conv seat?
You can go with a 2004, or 2005, but it does need to be from a convertible. The 4 door Sebring seats were a little bit different.
Chris
Chris, Technician

Thank you for the positive rating and bonus! I will still be here for you if you have any follow up questions regarding your seat issue. No extra fees required!

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Technician