Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Just changed timing belt and water pump and the car is still

Customer Question
leaking antifreeze from the resivor...
Just changed timing belt and water pump and the car is still leaking antifreeze from the resivor side
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: It is the gloden anti freeze. Leaking from the bottom somewhere. We are going to have to lift it again today. Old water pump was almost new and the bearing was broken
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2004 pt cruiser gt turbo
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Plugs, wires both o2 sensors, air intake valve, thermostat, water pump, timing belt
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so and yes I am doing the work. I was a mechanic for years but this has me stumped
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
8/21/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Are you stating that it is bubbling into and leaking out of the coolant reservoir. In other words the reservoir level keeps rising and the engine starts running hot?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Robert

It is leaking from the water pump. This time it was both the radiator and the resivor side

The water pump is mounted to the block, I'm a bit confused about your statement of leaking form the "radiator side" and "reservoir side". How are you determining this?? Can you take pics of the area where you see the leaking coming from? Click Here for Document Upload Instructions. If I can see for myself where the dripping is coming from, I should be able to help....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Before I changed the water pump it was overflowing the resivor. Now after timing belt and water pump have been changed it is leaking from the water pump. Did we not seat the seal correctly?

If it is leaking from the water pump itself where it is mounted to the block then yes, the gasket must not be seated properly. If the leak is coming from the side where the lower hose connects to then it means that the lower water nipple needs a new o ring... Let me see if I can find any info on this....

Thank you,

Robert

Thank you

Here is a pic showing where the o ring is located. Remove the lower radiator hose attachment pipe to access the o ring... --->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so... If you don't rate, the Website retains 100% of the funds and the Expert receives no payment...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician