Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Last night engine was "stalling" and would not go over

3000rpm/58mph JA: Is the check engine...
last night engine was "stalling" and would not go over 3000rpm/58mph
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: this morning while in traffic, engine sputtering on drive idle as if it wanted to shut down....
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2010 Sebring
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have tried nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: did it about about a month ago
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/19/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Some testing needs to be done such as a fuel pressure test and a scan of the computer system to identify any possible codes and the data such as fuel trims. Intermittent problem are always more difficult to find which is why you or a shop may need to attach a data recorder so it will record the event when it occurs.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
thanks Ron, didn't smell oil or gas either within last 12hrs...

Okay, so we do need to apply the tests I recommended and we will have a better focus on what is wrong.

Thanks again and be sure to let me know if you need any more help.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor