Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

On my 2008 convertible sebring Limited the driver window

adjusts about a half an...
On my 2008 convertible sebring Limited the driver window adjusts about a half an inch pbut it wont re-adjust down in order to close the door, therefore the window hots the convertible top. Can this be adjusted?
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried the relearn procedure to no success
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this point
8/16/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Put window in fully down position, remove battery cables negative then positive, touch cables together, leave cables off for 30 mins reinstall positive then negative and then perform relearn procedure

I did that prior to the relearn procedure and did not work

does it seem as if the window is binding at all?

There is no binding at all. If im in the car and open the door the window drops about a half inch but when i close it it had adjusted in the up position and hits the top of the car. In other words it should lower and then adjust up for a tight seal.

Is this the relearn procedure your using?

To relearn/normalize the door module, start by raising the door glass to the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its second detent and hold the switch until the door glass is fully closed. Continue to hold the window switch up for two seconds after the door glass is full closed.

Lower the door glass to the full-down position by pushing down (depress) the window switch to its second detent and hold the switch until the door glass is fully open. Continue to hold the window switch down for two seconds after the door glass is fully open.

Check the operation of the express-up and express-down features.

If the express up doesn't work, repeat the procedure starting at step #3, waiting for three seconds after the door glass stops.

Check that the door glass reverses when in the express-up mode by holding a pen in the path of the glass.

After doing the relearn procedure that you sent which is the same i used, only the express down works

The battery must be fully charged or the vehicle running before proceeding.

If needed, place the vehicle battery on charge or have the engine running.

The convertible top must be completely closed and locked during this procedure.

Both doors must be completely closed before proceeding.

2.Sit in the driver seat and close the door.

3.Using the Power Top Switch, raise all side window glass to the full-up position. Continue to hold the top switch for two seconds after all the side window's are fully closed.

Using the Power Top Switch to raise the windows is to insure the power convertible top is completely locked and secure. If the top is not, the windows will not go to the full-up position.

Using the window switch, lower the door glass to the full-down position by pushing down (depress) the window switch to its second detent and hold the switch until the door glass is fully open. Continue to hold the window switch down for two seconds after the door glass is fully open.

Raise the door glass to the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch and hold the switch until the door glass is fully closed. Continue to hold the window switch up for two seconds after the door glass is full closed

Check the operation of the smart-glass. Verify that the door glass drops approximately 1/4 inch when the door opens, and raises when door closes. If window does not drop or raise, repeat procedure starting at step #3

Check the operation of the express-down feature.

If the smart-glass does not work, repeat the procedure starting at step #3, waiting for three seconds after the window stops.

ok try that if that dosent work then we will have to do some electrical testing

When i open the door the smart glass drops a 1/4" and rises back up

Ok next step is to read the module with a scanner to see if there are any codes, if no codes you need a drivers door module,

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician