Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2010 Chrysler 300S of 200k km mileage. Sometimes it

shows a brief hesitation when...
I have a 2010 Chrysler 300S of 200k km mileage. Sometimes it shows a brief hesitation when started and when stopping for traffic lights. Today I stopped by a shop and turned the engine off. I started the engine and drove for 100 meters, I noticed that the vehicle is speeding on its own after I released the pedal. I saw electronic throttle control warning light on besides both ESP OFF and traction control lights. Thr engine was noisey and stalling. I drove for quarter mile to stop in a safe place and Opened the hood. I noticed a smell of plastic burn. I turned the engine off for couple of minutes then started it again. Everything is normal. I tried to retrieve error codes to catch this upcoming problem but wasn't able to. I don't know why?Please let me know how to prevent this problem.
8/15/2017
Gunvir Singh

HEllo, let me review your request. Please stand by.

How did you try to get the codes?

Error codes 420, 430, 520, 522, and 2101. The first four codes are there before.

Let me check.

Acc on acc on acc on using the key.

The code p2101 is for the electronic throttle system and that can give your vehicle the symptom you are experiencing. The main reasons for this code is low system voltage, faulty electronic throttlr body or faulty pcm. Need to start by checking the battery and alternator for proper operation. If good, then check the Throttle body. A faulty throttlr body is a very common issue on these vehcile.

Can this be caused by loose connectors for example? The voltage is around 14v and the battery is new.

Very rarely it can. Better to make sure the battery terminals and throttle body connectors are tight. Also since the battery is new, make sure battery is the same size the vehicle calls for. If everything else goo than next step is to check the throttle bosdy.

Do you have any other questions?

Nothing for now. I will have this checked and will get back to you.Thanks

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

I drove the car for 10 minutes and noticed that battery voltage fluctuates from 12.9 to 14.1 with 13.7 as an average. The problem happened again when the volatge was at 13.7 and 13.8. The engine was driving it self when transmission engaged i.e. it slightly speeds up the vehicle with some noise I can't describe. I stopped the engine then ran it again everything was normal. Does this help in anything?

As long as the battery voltage was over 13.4 volts when it happened, that means the charging stystem is good. The problem is in the throttle body circuit.

Replace it?

There is a possibility of just the idle relearn procedure need to be done so I will recommend checking it first. Do you have access to a scan tool that can perform actustor test?

Do you have any other questions?

No I don't have a scan tool. I am replacing the throttle body now.

Make sure to use a mopar throttle body, aftermarket throttle bodies are nothin but trouple on these vehicles. Also idle relearn procedure will need to be performed with a scan tool after throttle body replacement.

Can it learn by itself or is there any workaround?

I will need to be relearned with a toolso that it can it can correlate with the accelerator position sensor at the gas pedal. There is a chance it may work when you install a throttle body but it could give you an issue in the long run.

I got it reprogrammed. Is there anything I can do to verify whether what he has done is alright?

If it's not done right the Throttlr position code will show up in the PCM.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer

Now it's cleared. Nothing has poped up till now. I noticed after the reprogram that cooling fans work later than expected. I get engine temp ranging from 101-103 oC. Is this normal?
Thanks.

Yes, It is.

And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh
Can you refer me to an affordable scan tool for my Chrysler? Some tool that does everything.

I use a Autel maxysys and that covers 90% of the repairs

Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh