sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Wet carpet at the driver side both front and back, driver

wet carpet at the driver side both front and back, driver side only
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Pacifica 2007 Touring
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will be, just trying to isolate where the water is coming in from
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The A/C and fan speed modulates up and down
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No, but plan on it.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many sources for a water leak. It could be a door that isn't closing correctly or a damaged/worn door seal. The doors and seals are the first things that should be looked at.

If you have a sunroof that would be a very likely source for a leak. The glass itself may be leaking excessively or there could be a drain tube issue. If a drain tube is off or restricted then it will cause a leak.

The problem could be a void in windshield or back glass sealer or it could be a crack in body seam sealer.

The original entry point may not be in the immediate area that you're seeing it accumulate because the water can migrate inside trim panels and such and end up far away from where it comes in.

If no visible problems can be found then a garden hose will need to be ran over the vehicle while a second person inside looks for the source of the leak. Trim panels will most likely need to be removed for inspection.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!