Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

We replaced the side sliding door do to an accident and now

Customer Question

we replaced the side sliding door do to an accident and now the rear gap is real tite and the front is real wide. we played for many hours. the back it hitting the quarter glass
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2017 dodge grand caravan
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes but i have been a body man for 37 years.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we tryed to raise the door we tryed to move the door forward. next we were going to buy new hinges
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

How can I help you today ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its like i said, we replaced the left side door due to an accident , we used the lower front bracket off the used door.
the roller wheel on to looks fine and works fine the rear hinge looks fine also , that is from the org. van. when we close the
door the rear gap is real tite and the front gap is real big. we tryed many things with no sucess. we need it know how to adjust the
door foward. thanks Bill
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have paid $8 to start to talk to you and $11 to finish , i dont want to pay $26 to talk. for not a lot more i could
have had you come over and do it. please answer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im glad that you have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Expert:  marcpod replied 2 months ago.

Can you release the tension from the cable?

Expert:  marcpod replied 2 months ago.

and see if that relieves some of the tension.

Expert:  marcpod replied 2 months ago.

c​ould the motor be just a little back from the cable system