Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We replaced the side sliding door do to an accident and now…

Customer Question
We replaced the side...

We replaced the side sliding door do to an accident and now the rear gap is real tite and the front is real wide. we played for many hours. the back it hitting the quarter glass

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2017 dodge grand caravan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes but i have been a body man for 37 years.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We tryed to raise the door we tryed to move the door forward. next we were going to buy new hinges

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
8/6/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

How can I help you today ?

Its like i said, we replaced the left side door due to an accident , we used the lower front bracket off the used door.
the roller wheel on to looks fine and works fine the rear hinge looks fine also , that is from the org. van. when we close the
door the rear gap is real tite and the front gap is real big. we tryed many things with no sucess. we need it know how to adjust the
door foward. thanks Bill
i have paid $8 to start to talk to you and $11 to finish , i dont want to pay $26 to talk. for not a lot more i could
have had you come over and do it. please answer
Im glad that you have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Chrysler Mechanic: marcpod, Own collision repair advice replied 11 months ago
marcpod
marcpod, Own collision repair advice

Can you release the tension from the cable?

and see if that relieves some of the tension.

c​ould the motor be just a little back from the cable system