Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Aftermarket radio no sound, Vehicle is a 2007 Pacifica

Customer Question
Aftermarket radio no sound ...

Aftermarket radio no sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Vehicle is a 2007 Pacifica aftermarket radio with that I purchased

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

I purchased an access interface stereo came on still no sound I tried leaving the factory radio on unplugging it and plugging in the aftermarket but after I shut it off stereo turns on still no audio

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Main thing is I'm trying to keep the factory harness intact without cutting any wires

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
8/5/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What is the part number of harness you bought?

Axxess CHTO-02 Wiring Interface.
I also purchased a regular wiring harness without a bypass or interface I don't necessarily need the end but how can I bypass it

Have you tried the regular harness? From what I'm seeing on wire diagram it looks like special harness might not even be needed.

I tried the regular harness and it still doesn't work no audio I am being told that without the interface I will not have access to the amp unless I tap into it directly how do I tap into the amp directly using a regular harness

I'm not sure what to think here, if you are sure everything is connected correctly I do not see anything other then module that comes with wire harness being problem. I'll open question back up to see if someone else has some advice. Feel free to let me know what fix was if you figure it out. Thanks.

I first tried a data radio with Bluetooth memory card and other features still no audio then I tried a single DIN radio still no audio on both I tried with the interface both I tried with the regular harness same results could you send me the wiring diagram for the harness on the amp
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Whats the vin number of your vehicle?

2007 Chrysler Pacifica
VIN# *****
Thank you for that but how can I get the aftermarket radio to send a signal to the amp to turn on or how can I get the amp to turn on using a relay or a fuse

It should allready be on from the idpm, check power on 5 pink, 9, 1 yellow and grounds 4,11

the amp doesn't have a turn on wire neither does the harness from the radio supposedly the radio send the signal and that's how it turns on so are you saying that I have to add a wire from the amp to the radio

im saying when you start the vehicle the computer sends a signal to turn it on not the radio

you need to verify that its working by checking power and ground when vehicle is in on position with the checks I just provided

Will you please give me a more detailed explanation as to what I need to do in order to have the aftermarket radio turn on the amplifier thank you

im telling you how to check right now what more do you want ? go to the amp and check for power with key on are you doing that ????

why are you checking purple and white? you need to check the 2 yellow and red wires and the grounds I listed above

The two yellow and red wires do show positive power so does the pink the two ground wires show no positive power

thats because your checking them for ground, you need to switch it to ohms and see if you have any resistance

there is resistance it shows .6

thats a ton so you have a bad ground and that needs to be repaired, the amp is getting power though and when ground is repaired it should be working, if no function then the amp is bad

The amp works with the factory radio with a factory radio I get audio sounds great but when I plug in the aftermarket I get no sound even though the radio turns on

something must be wrong in the connections then, when you have aftermarket hooked up are you getting power at the amp?

I've seen videos where they recommend to run a wire from the accessory to one of the relays with this particular kind of car

gotta be the head unit or wiring then

There is nothing wrong with the wiring there's nothing wrong with the head unit have you been tried a second one something to do with this particular vehicle there's a lot of problems with no audio after you hook up a aftermarket radio
Chrysler Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics replied 11 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics

what model Pacifica
Base, Limited or Touring?
Are you sure you have the Factory AMP?
What is the Brand & Model Number of the Unit you are installing?

It's a base model 4.0 liter 24 valve all-wheel drive 2007 and yes I do have the factory amp

using the CHTO-02, what do you have the BLUE / WHITE wire connected to?
What do you have the BROWN wire connected to?

The blue and white wire is connected to the blue and white wire on the aftermarket the brown wire is not hooked up because the aftermarket radio does not have a mute wire which is the brown one

hello?

sorry...no communication.......
Will OPT OUT & RELIST

someone will respond here if they can help

thanks

.

Clarion model drx6375
I sent you the brand and model number but here it is again Clarion model drx6375