sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My brakes feel like they are pushed down and my car won't

Customer Question

My brakes feel like they are pushed down and my car won't start. All the lights turn on and my car goes through the motions of starting but it won't turn on.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The inside panel, stereo, all lights in the car and outside the car. They just flicker and then nothing happens.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2015 town and country
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I read on another site to try and wiggle the key in the ignition and try to shift into neutral but I can't. It mentioned something about a loose wire under the hood but I haven't gotten that far to locate it yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's just about as far as I've gotten before I call my insurance to have them send someone out.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If lights are flickering instead of coming on and the starter does not engage or just clicks then the most likely cause would be low battery voltage available to the vehicle. The problem could be many things and may require some electrical testing, but there is a good chance you have a dead battery. The first thing I would recommend is trying a jump start (not always reliable), swapping in a known good battery, or having this battery load tested.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!