Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

It revs up/down on its own while in park or drive. Speed

Customer Question
doesn't change JA: What is the...
It revs up/down on its own while in park or drive. Speed doesn't change
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Pacifica 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it's an intermittent problem which started 2 days ago
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Everything else working fine
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
8/4/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Have you had the vehicle scanned for any codes?

No
Do you have any idea what the possible causes for the revving up/down?

sounds like a throttle body issue, I would clean the throttle body and reset the system,

Thank You

See thought before you get it reset if there are any codes in the computer, you can get a free scan at any auto parts store

Thank you so much. I will take it to the auto parts store for the scan first.

sure thing ill be around

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics