Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

2006 Chrysler 3.5 v6 runs and idles smooth, no smoke or

Customer Question

2006 Chrysler 3.5 v6 runs and idles smooth, no smoke or steam out the tail pipe, no over heating even on 100 degree days, do not suspect blown head gasket, but water is in the oil. Read other sites advise and they say it is a "cracked" oil cooler, they are not specific and I do not know if they mean transmission or crankcase oil cooler. I looked briefly at my engine and cannot spot any oil cooler. Where is it and which one is the problem cause?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?
Customer: I check the coolant level every other day, and remove what appears to be tan colored "mayonnaise" about 1/4 cup. It appears to be oil and coolant mixture. Where does it become combined? Have not checked the thermostat do not understand why that would cause oil in the coolant.
JA: What is the model of your '06 Chrysler?
Customer: 300 limited
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would fix it myself if I could get a good lead as to the failed component.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a $$$ charge to be connected?
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I miss stated the original question I DO NOT have water in the OIL I have oil in the water. The oil is just find in the crankcase.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I have seen this before and it was the engine oil cooler that allowed oil to leak into the cooling system. The oil cooler on that engine is where the oil filter screws onto. If you look at it, you should see coolant hoses going to it. Have that cooler replaced and flush out the vooling system using an approved cooling system cleaning product. That should take care of it.I hope this helps,Chris
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will jack it up and look at that location.
Can I contact you tomorrow on this issue if I have further questions concerning this?
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
Sounds good, and yes you can contact me tomorrow. If I am offline, just wait and I will reply asap.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see how it went today.

Chris